Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Michael Ferris Jr.




'My intent is to render an accurate likeness of my subject however what I find more compelling is communicating the sitter’s “ inner world." I do this by contrasting the sculpture's stoic, classical form with its complex multi-patterned surface. Ultimately my aim is to express the psychological and spiritual complexity of my subject.

I am interested in creating a dialogue regarding the use of recycled materials and ecologically minded art making practices. My work is comprised of recycled wood. These forms are then surfaced with a combination of overlaid recycled wood pieces and acrylic pigmented grout. Inlaid gaming tables from the Middle East have played a particularly important role in the aesthetic formation of my work.' Have a gander here

No comments:

Post a Comment